Toroidal power supply transformers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
thanks for all the replys! i've been away sorry it took so long to get back to you guys. the reason i thought i'd upgrade trannys is, i built a home sub using the dayton audio dvc 15 sub which is stated to have 2.6 ohm DC resistance (coils in paralell) and the rythmik audio basic 250 i'm running it on in a 4.7 cu ft. vented enclosure recommends not to use a driver in a vented enclosure with less than 3.0 ohms DC resistance to reduce chances of thermal shut down as often. i then talked to djk who said the best approach to beefing up the impeadance drive capabilitys would be larger VA rating same secondary or, the same VA with less secondary output voltage. his example 96v. secondary, use same VA but reduce to 80 volt secondary. can't find info on present tranny but he estimated maybe 250 or 300 VA i haven't checked secondary no load voltage yet but will. the power consumption rating on the 250 watt rythmik audio basic plate amp is 450 watts. 120v hope this helps thanks! :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.