what would you use as a bypass cap? auricap or russian PIO?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
the choice of high voltage ceramic caps is quite restricted. But for glitch suppression they are virtually unbeatable.

However, in a tube amp, the glitches due to sudden current changes may be non existant. ClassAB tends to generate them rather more than sound transients.

While I don't doubt the efficacy of using a bypass cap to bring about a change.. I have found that..after over 20 years of using diffreing levels and types of bypass caps thoughout the years: In conclusion, a single cap of high quality is far better, and far less damaging to the sonic integrety of a given PS or signal path. I know that such can be expensive to enact, but it gives, by far, the best result. The most honest result, one that is most in concert with the timber, harmonics and actual character (envelope) of the given signal.

What I mean is, no bypass caps of any kind, whatsoever. Single cap only, or multiples of that given type, in parallel. But the single is best.

Your mileage may vary. :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.