Follow up to cap sleeve thread,Wire color makes a diffrence!! - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th November 2002, 01:55 AM   #21
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jean-paul
What about cables without insulation ? Do I have to shine a blue LED on them ?
A clear LED is better. Works even better on cables with clear insulation. Don't expect good results in the proximity of black holes though. The clear beam gets deflected like a stream of water in a strong wind. Then you have to move the cable to where the light would have been if you did not look at it. Even so, one of the LED's is both the same so if you don't mind pushing a wheelbarrow load of smoke into the middle of next week you can circumscribe the quantum jitter of nonsyncopated nolathane by removing every fourth segment of left-handed shadows. Yes.
Old 29th November 2002, 02:01 AM   #22
diyAudio Member

Default Left Handed Slap...

Now, just what kind of water are you drinking there Graham ?.

Eric.
Old 29th November 2002, 03:09 AM   #23
diyAudio Member

How do I fend of the neutrinos? Iíve been poking small hole in the cable (about 0.1-0.2 nm) to allow them to pass and have noticed a more detailed sound. I'm thinking if I could fend them of instead it would allow the electrons to move even more freely (I'm using superconductive cables).
Old 29th November 2002, 03:46 AM   #24
halojoy is offline halojoy  Sweden
On Hiatus

Talking Fools rush in ......

Quote:
Originally posted by fdegrove
Hi,
Think none of them were seroius about this anyways.
But I forgive them,
Hope his forgiveness
still is in work.
We might need lots of it!

What about painting Compact Discs
and putting them in the freezer?
Or buy a refridgerator
to place your CD-player in.

A great way to get max Cool and Colorful Music!
Old 29th November 2002, 04:55 AM   #25
CryingDragon

Default Frank,

I do not think that was called for, I was only trying to give everybody a laugh when perhaps some of them needed it most, this was a joke thread to begin with and notice the subject was wire COLOR not wire insulation polymers. I agree and think an apology is in order for everybody you unnecessarily insulted on Thanksgiving Day. (pardon those whom do not celebrate it)

CryingDragon
Old 29th November 2002, 05:26 AM   #26
paulb is offline paulb  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Circlotron

...if you don't mind pushing a wheelbarrow load of smoke into the middle of next week you can circumscribe the quantum jitter of nonsyncopated nolathane by removing every fourth segment of left-handed shadows. Yes.
I think you mean every third segment.
Old 29th November 2002, 05:42 AM   #27
diyAudio Member

Default Colours

Quote:
Originally posted by Christer
....................it will confuse the
electrons, which won't be able to tell the insulation from the
atoms they jump between, making them run into the insulation
and get stuck there every now and when.
That's why super audio cable has to be purple - the colour of the atoms. They will slide off the insulation producing a smooth sound.Purple dye is very expensive ( the one used for this application ) and hence good audio cables will be very expensive !!
What a colourful thread. Someone pass me the beer ..............
Old 29th November 2002, 06:18 AM   #28
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by paulb

I think you mean every third segment.
I tried that but I got a heterodox heterodyne that looked for all the world like a vernier scale. Then I dropped a serious Fibonacci on my toe and while the gears of the cosmos were grating an anticlockwise trimester that had gone surety for a noname nebulizer decided it was time for the 6 o'clock news. I wax poetic... That's enough rubbish from me I think.
Old 29th November 2002, 07:00 AM   #29
zeno is offline zeno  Europe
diyAudio Member

Music is coloursensitive!

As far as I have been told by experienced listeners, New Age music is best reproduced on systems with internal wiring in
AT LEAST 4 colours of the rainbow.
It is furthermore of the highest importance that the wiring of the left channel is mirrored in the right channel and that the original colourscheme of the rainbow is respected (from the left of the amplifier to the right for the left channel and vice versa for the right channel).
If one doesnít respect this rule of thumb, music signals get mixed and the intended stereo-mix will get lost.
New Age music should not be played on systems with the colourcoding on resistors still visible, since this colourcoding doesn't respect the rainbow. Thatís why every resistor has to be repainted before use and this repainting process has to be done manually, using a brush without animal hair.

Punk prefers black internal wiring.
Old 29th November 2002, 08:02 AM   #30
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Circlotron

I tried that but I got a heterodox heterodyne that looked for all the world like a vernier scale. Then I dropped a serious Fibonacci on my toe and while the gears of the cosmos were grating an anticlockwise trimester that had gone surety for a noname nebulizer decided it was time for the 6 o'clock news.
Charles Lutwidge Dodgson told me you were good

Hide this!Advertise here!