New toy: Fluke 6303a LCR meter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Good accuracy: 0.25% +-1 digit, capacitance 0.0pF-100mF, inductance 0.0uH-32kH, impedance 0.000-200M, also measures Q, Df, Rs. Selectable bias. Auto-trim.

Downsides: only 1kHz test frequency, level=2V, bias=2V. No fancy data port like the more expensive models in the line. My unit was also "well loved" but is less than a year out of calibration and matches my R,C standards.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I have a LCR meter

It is a good tool.
Mine is a yellow handhold of a not so expensive kind.
Wouldn't like to be without it.
It also measures frequencies
and other things a multimeter should.
Has PEAK and HOLD :smash:

I got tired of it running out of the 9 volts supplied by battery.
So I converted a flashlight charger into a battery eliminator
and drilled a hole for the wires to put in permanent power to it.
So now it can be left on 24 hours a day.

Attachments

• tes-2712.jpg
    tes-2712.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 459
tiroth said:
$150 on Ebay. Seemed quite reasonable what with the more basic units running $70.

It does have Kelvin sense testpoints. I like the accuracy on your unit better though. ;)

That's a much friendlier DIY price. I seem to recall paying about $1400 US for the SRS model.

I will have to keep my eyes open for the Fluke model. Fluke makes good quality gear. My bench meter is an 8050A and I just picked up a 110 to replace my 8020B (display dried out). Top quality gear that just keep working and working.

Attachments

• fluke8050a-tiny.jpg
    fluke8050a-tiny.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 385
Since we're whipping 'em out and laying them on the table, here's mine.

This is an impedance bridge that measures L, C, R/G, X/B, Q, D, Y/Z in series or parallel configurations. Freqs from 20 Hz to 150 kHz. 5mV - 1500 mV. GPIB. External bias supply port, tape drive, etc.

I picked it up real cheap (no, I mean really, really cheap!). Those of you who drool over this sort of stuff, keep looking. Deals are out there!

I will soon be doing an extensive set of measurements on my ESL 63s, and some home brew ESL panels and panels plus transformers to try to develop some models for simulation.

MR

Attachments

• zbridge.jpg
    zbridge.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 331
haldor said:
Actually I mispoke, my new handheld is the Model 111, not the 110.

Very nice compact meter. Unlike my old 8020B, you can comfortable hold it in one hand.

How much did you pay for that and in what funds canadian or us. ? i think it is time for me to get a new meter : O ) I LIKE THAT ONE.

Guys ever use this one???

Just talked to wife into buying me an LCR meter. Been wanting it for quite a while now, and will have to wait until X-Mas to play with it, Anyone have any reiviews to report?

It's a Tenma 72-920 (Also I think it's the same as some Extech, and BK precision units out there)

http://www.mcmb2b.com/cgi-bin/test/72-960.html

As for my favorite, I like the Sencore LC-102. I guess they don't even make it anymore, but it was a nice unit. It tested caps leakage, ESR, and capacitance at full voltage. Does similar things with inductors as well. It has the standard cap tables, and tells you if the caps are out of tolerance. I'd love to own, but a little to $$$ for my budget. Even at factory refurb prices...

-Dan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.