BNC Connectors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi all,

I'm looking to change my CDP and DAC's Coaxial RCA connectors to BNC instead. However, I've found from Farnell that there's a variety of BNC for various Coaxial type.

Since I've little knowledge about Coaxial types, can anyone enlighten me on what's the norm for Coaxial types for BNC styled cables? Using as digital connect so it should be 75ohms termination, right?

What are the different types of coaxial for? Different frequency range?

Thanks in advance.

Noak said:
hi all,

I'm looking to change my CDP and DAC's Coaxial RCA connectors to BNC instead. However, I've found from Farnell that there's a variety of BNC for various Coaxial type.

Since I've little knowledge about Coaxial types, can anyone enlighten me on what's the norm for Coaxial types for BNC styled cables? Using as digital connect so it should be 75ohms termination, right?

What are the different types of coaxial for? Different frequency range?

Thanks in advance.

I think it all has to do with the cable. Most cd players that have digital out have both bnc and the rca out some even have the optical out. Im running both and i can't see the difference between either of them. ( have not tried the optical out yet )

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.