Any info on 2SC5929?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, I can tell by the C in the number that it's NPN.

Also, it is a power transistor by the number.

The closest data I can find is 2SC5926, which is NPN power of some sort. Unfortunately, I'm at a venue computer kiosk with no pdf viewing support so I can't actually read the datasheet.

I'll bet that this may be a switching transistor?

Other people will know anyway.

Alright, well if it's the H defl from the monitor, you'll find a rather high Vceo, sometimes over 500V. Probably a similar or slightly higher Vcbo. The current would come to maybe 7 to 15 amps... Hard to say.

fT should be fairly high, being that it's used in a fast application, at least over a few MHz.

It definitely won't be the most linear thing sround, though I've used them in audio output stages with good results as long as the feedback in that stage is designed well to cope with non-linearity. Generally it's nicer to use these for high voltage low current so that the gain stays somewhat still. Or class A with constant current, thus the gain will stay much more on the ball.

If you cascode them, with constant current, you should be able to make a class A output that's really flat I suppose, but hard to say.

What are you using this one for?

I'd say that the most important thing here is to figure out if your transistor has an internal damper diode, or not.

If it does, you need to put in a replacement that has one, otherwise it'll fry itself rather quickly. To check for that, you have to see if there's a somewhat hefty looking diode connected between collector and emitter of the transistor. For this type, that's the second(collector), and third(emitter) pins as you face the transistor and count from the left.

If the board already has one, then don't worry about it too much. If it isn't there, then you need to find a replacement with the diode inside or do some homebrew modification by adding your own diode, which I don't recomend.

I'll stay posted to see your progress.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.