How to wire 4 pin potentiometer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks Nisbeth - you really are most helpful - this 4 pin pot is not the Noble from Sony DTC1000es DAT recorder (mentioned in other thread) but another pot salvaged from a old pioneer A400 amp.

I have the Alps pot connected in manual mode as per this diagram

I will probably use the Noble pot (as it may well be the best one- although it would be nice to have remote control with Alps pot)- if I can remove spindle knobs (seems to need an allen key - but I've tried a full range & none fit - it's difficult to see down into the hole in side of knobs that seems to hold it to spindle)

I'm building Greg Ball's SKA amp in the Pioneer case but the existing pot is cheap & noisy.

John

Attachments

• alps remote pot (2).jpg
    alps remote pot (2).jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 727
My Alps pot has two pins in front of row of 8 pins - don't know if these 2 pins are connected?

I wired up to thes 8 pins (6 pins really) as per this schematic & it works in manual mode - nice clean operation & sound.

This schematic for the remote control part doesn't match my alps board as there are only 9 wire connections off my board - still it might give some insigth into operation.

John

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.