Whatever became of HiRel transistors ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
AFAIK these were "boutique" transistors produced somewhere in Tokyo. TO3 packs, types EB203,204 (PNP) and ED203,204 (NPN).
A friend used 100s of them around 20 years ago in a production run of amps - never any failures. Whatever became of them ?
M

I remember them, the EB203 and ED204 they were a powerhouse output trany for memory continuous 20amp 200mhz 200watt,
A guy named Peter Stein used them in his ME (Modular Electronics) amplifiers in his biggest one (ME150) was 14 per channel. I used 20 per channel in my water cooled 100watt pure class A amps, I used to get them off Peter then he could'nt source them any more and I found Janzs amplifiers se them in Sydney they may have a few left as they were a huge band amplfier manufacturing company, you could try them as they had 1000's left when I used to get them from them.

Cheers George

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.