IEC F34 Function generator and Telequipment D61 scope without probes, what to do?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I own an old Telequipment D61 osciloscope and an IEC F34 function generator. Alas, I have none of the leads/probes or whatsoever of these tools.

I did some research and found many scope probes. But I think I'd be better off with buying a second hand scope that's fully equiped. (2 complete probe sets are rather expensive)

For the F34, I have no clue what kind of connectors to use, or where to find them.

I have a serious interest in developing radio and audio projects, so either way, an osciloscope and a function generator that can be used are on my wishlist.

Any hints or tips?

Thanks,

Philip
Belgium

How much cash you got?

If you have a little extra, Tektronix makes some really nice little DSO scops. TDS1000 and TDS200 Series are nice. If you can find a TDS200 used, that may be the way to go, same as the TDS1000, just the previous model. The 1000's fun from about $1000 to $2500 us. I think newark/MCM sell them. 60 to 200Mhz bandwidth.

The TDS3000 series are really really really nice but really not cheap.

-Dan

chech out http://www.probemaster.com they have some cheap probes. I bought some used probes off ebay. Another option is just to us a piece of coax with a bnc on one end and gator clips on the other, but it has a lot of capacitance. With the function generator you need to find out what the connectors are and get some. Then make you own cable. I am sure if you post pictures someone can identify the connector.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.