SpeakON vs five way binding post

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Has anybody compared SpeakON connectors with standard five way binding posts for speaker terminals?

SpeakON doesn't seem to have as 'tight' a connection as a binding post but I may be wrong about that. Besides it has four sets of terminals which seems to be good for biwiring using just one plug.

Cheers.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Ashok,
They seem to work fine. I like the fact that they are locked into the speaker. One thing to consider if you are manufacturing a multi amp speaker system for consumers. They can't mess the connections up. Give them 1/2 a chance and a percentage will, and guess what? They want warranty.

The dual 5 way binding post is another favorite. I tend to use the dual banana plug for those on the bench (darn, the English messed that one up! ;) ), I use cut ring terminals for more permanent connections or high power stuff.

-Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.