A twisted tale about a logarithmic relay attenuator

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
guys, I have one of the very first iterations of this volume controller, and I have what I think to be a bad relay. I get instability in what I think is the 16th step, 32-nd step, then at the higher ranges much more frequent chattering and buzzing. In fact, when I get to the max, I get a humming sound. The strange thing, is this seems to have happened in both boards (it's balanced) simultaneously. Any pointers in troubleshooting this?

guys, I have one of the very first iterations of this volume controller, and I have what I think to be a bad relay. I get instability in what I think is the 16th step, 32-nd step, then at the higher ranges much more frequent chattering and buzzing. In fact, when I get to the max, I get a humming sound. The strange thing, is this seems to have happened in both boards (it's balanced) simultaneously. Any pointers in troubleshooting this?

nevermind, it's not a bad relay. things work when I stick a bench +5 supply after the regulator...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.