Where can I buy Fukushima MPC resistors?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anybody know a good source for Fukushima/Futaba metal plate cement power resistors?
In interested in MPC 78 (2W) and MPC74 (5W) series.
These resistors are often used in hi end and DIY japanese products as emitter resistors and are claimed to be "low distorsion" type.

thank you!
massimo

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
Beware of Chinese knock offs

I saw these for sale on e Bay a while ago and I bit.
They're listed as "Japan Fukushima", but the ones I received are Chinese fakes and have poor lead attachment.

http://www.made-in-china.com/showro...-detailGMbnANByngkV/China-MPC-Resistor-2.html

The original seller was banned, but I see them back at it under a different name.

Just a warning.

I hear you can still get the real thing from Germany.

Hi,

A late, late response :)

Fukushima-Futaba's MPC resistors are advertised for "non-inductive" cement resistor series. For non-inductive design, I think Caddock's MP808~MP825 series is better. Caddock's power resistors are kind a hard to find in Japan...

Satoru

Well, it's time to bump this thread again. Jtsaudio mentioned an ebay seller who was selling fake Futaba's MPC resistors. I found this guy on ebay who is also selling 'original' Fukushima Futaba resistors. According to Futaba's datasheet, the dimensions of MPC73 resistors case are 13x13mm (WxH) but this seller has resistors 10x26mm. What do you think? Probably counterfeits? Yeah, I know...stay away from ebay etc... but anyways I want your opinion. :confused:

Fukushima Futaba MPC73 0.22 ohm 3W Resistor x 12pcs - eBay (item 150567665969 end time Mar-24-11 19:02:58 PDT)

Holco MFR 15ppm 2W for sale

In the swap meet forum

Really sorry I don't know how to paste the link (maibe some one can help me please probably I will need step by step old git proof instructions on how to do it )
Maybe search for my Nick and should get you there.

Most of what is in the pictures will have to go ... the only way to get the stuff is in bulk

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.