Source for 3W resistors - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th February 2006, 08:58 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Source for 3W resistors

I have been looking for some 3W 0.33ohm 1% metalfilm resistors to use as source resistors, but I have not found any good sources.

I have been looking for some Vishay dale CPF3, but I have not found any sources with the 0.33 ohm. I have also looked for other brands, but most are not metalfilm or 1% resistors which I would prefer. If someone have a good source for some nice 3W 0.33ohm 1% metalfilm resistors I would be very happy and I am not looking for really expensive resistors like caddock or similar brands.

Please advice and please donīt turn this into a war of which brand is the best.

Thanks
Martin
Old 12th February 2006, 12:56 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Michael Percy carries Roederstein and Holco or PRP; you might want to consider paralleling 3 1W 1 ohm resistors, much easier to find. Space them to allow air flow between them to preserve the wattage rating. This also has the advantage of reducing the inductance to 1/3 if they're spaced a bit.
Old 12th February 2006, 01:20 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

I actually have considered this option and might end using it, but it would be much easier just using one resistor instead of three.

Thanks
Martin
Old 12th February 2006, 01:40 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

just as Curmudgeon suggested you might wanna go with 3 in parallell. Here is a suggestion for you that should be easy to buy from.

http://www.elfa.se/elfa-bin/setpage....0&dok=7492.htm
Old 12th February 2006, 02:23 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

I have looked at that resistor but it looks like they are not selling it in 0.33 ohm. The solution could as you both have said just buy 1 ohm 1 watt and then parallell three.

I have just found another solution at mouser, which could be the vishay Dale rs2b which can be found in 3W 0.33 ohm 1%.

Thanks
Martin

Hide this!Advertise here!