Small, Inexpensive High Quality Film and Foil Caps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am looking for the impossible. I am trying to find, as the subject says, small (narrow anyway) inexpensive high quailty film and foil caps (0.1uF). The Wima FKP2's are just slightly too wide as are the Dayton/Solens.

These are to be used for decoupling on a TDA1541, so I need 14 (hence inexpensive) and small so they can get close to the pins. I am happy to put every other one under the PCB but that still leaves a maximum width of about 4mm. Any suggestions?

Epcos/Seimens stacked polypropolene film caps might be appropriate from Digikey, these are very low inductance metalized (not foil)caps, appropriate for bypassing -
http://www.digikey.com/
and search on 'B3262'
apply a filter to specify value and/or voltage, or simply hit 'viewpage'
click on one of the Digikey part #s, then the catalog/technical info, and you can pull the pdf.

If you need voltages and/or values beyond what is available in stacked polypropolene, Epcos also makes stacked polyethelene caps. Simply search at Digikey for 'B3252'. Note - above certain voltages/values these are mixed stacked/wound or wound caps with higher inductance. You need to download the pdf to see which is which.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.