3 x BNC VGA = Component Video ???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I appreciate that the spec says that it's VGA compatible, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the RGB inputs correspond to those signals in a VGA link.
It would appear that the BNC connections are 'FBAS', but I'm not familiar with that term. This connection is listed seperately from RGB, which is also confusing!
Just a thought - is the monitor set for the correct system (NTSC, PAL-in the appropriate variety) for your player? It might be automatic, and in any case shouldn't affect RGB inputs, but worth checking.

OK, I've found the English version:)
BNCs are component, and RGB is on the 'top right' two connectors (the resolution isn't high enough to be sure of the connector types).
I see now!

I'd suggest testing the red input of the monitor - on one of those RH sockets - by feeding it 0.7V, which should produce full intensity. That way, we'll be closer to knowing where the problem lies.

I've re-read this thread, and I think you're trying to feed RGB into the component video inputs, which won't work!

Assuming that the monitor will sync OK, you need to feed RGB into the 'VGA' or Mac sockets. Alternatively, feed component video from your player into the component (BNC) inputs. Assuming that both methods work, you can then decide whether you prefer the player's decoder (i.e. using RGB), or the monitor's (comp).

The monitor does not have component inputs. You are correct that I have been trying to feed component video to the rgb input. The only thing I accomplished by that was that I realised that the input could accept other signals than regular vga signals from a computer.

I have understood the main difference between a component and a rgb signal and I will probably buy an external converter.

I've done a bit of research, and it seems that there are at least two versions of your monitor. One has component inputs, and the other (presumably the one you have) doesn't.
However, both appear to have s-video sockets, which amount to pretty much the same thing. Connect your player via s-video, and you should have as good a display as you're going to get, with no problems:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.