Sanken 2SC2922 - max peak current delivery.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear Sirs,

looking at the Sanken 2SC2922's datasheet I cannot find a value of the max peak current available from it.
Do anyone have an idea?

Moreover I am looking for extremely simply schematics (minimum number of active devices) of power amps of about 50-70 W/8 ohm using just a single output pair 2SC2922/2SA1216 (something like the LCAudio Millenium XP power amp of which I could not find the schematic).

Thank you very much indeed.

Kind regards,

beppe

The peak current will be listed somewhere on the datasheet. The trouble is that a peak means a brief incursion into some value, the longer the duration the less the current can be allowed. Your best bet would be to examine the safe operating area (SOA) curves.

The Millenium schematic is available on the LC Audio website in the Millenium cookbook pdf. Also bear in mind that minimum number of devices does not always mean best. Unless every stage is extremely linear the results will be worse IMO than a more complex but linear design.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.