Help me identifiy this connector

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This connector is on a microphone preamp module. It plugs in to a channel strip on my Sony MXP-2000 console. I'd like to make my own mic pres for it, but I need to locate a source for the connectors.

The connector is 15 pin with 2.54mm pitch. It's probably a Japanese type. I was unable to find it on the Hirose, Honda or Tyco websites.

Attachments

• dsc01263a.jpg
    dsc01263a.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 207
The pins are 2.54mm (0.1 in.) on center spacing.

Now that I look more closely I see that there are markings on the back. There is the HRS marking, so it is definitely Hirose. The only other markings are pin numbers.

I looked through every possible connector type on the Hirose website, but to no avail. I'm guessing that this type has been discontinued (the Sony mixer is probably about 20 years old).

If I can't locate this connector, I think I might be able to use standard right angle header pins.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.