Digital Multimeter recommendation

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
burnedfingers said:
It depends on what your uses are for it.

Quote:

CAT III rated for 300V while being protected by a three-year warranty.

Doesn't hardly seem worthwhile to me because I would exceed its 300 volt rating.

Take it back and budget another $100 with it to get a better model.

My dad's comany swears Buy Fluke.. So i was shopping in seattle washington and found a flue 87 DMM for 20$ i didn't think it work but it was worth it because i could have resold it for part's. I took it home and cleaned the contact bar for the screen and till this day it is my most fav meter :) yumm back lit lcd :)

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi jleaman,
Good for you! "Bad display" was the most common complaint, and almost the easiest to repair. Blown fuses were easier. Broken displays were very common too. Replace the top cover and display after the truck runs over it and you're good to go in many cases.

These are very repairable. Another good point for a Fluke.

-Chris

Just to give a negative point on Fluke so we do not get too one sided. I went today to buy fuse for my 189 Fluke. Wooping $ 21 for the fuse!!! They are using thick "industrial" size fuse normally seen only in power distribution for move lighting :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
For $21 I could buy whole another meter at Radio Shack

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi AR2,
Yes. That's because of the voltage rating.

If it was an RS meter (or most others) and you did contact HV, the fuse may not have interrupted the current. That's why the special safety ratings. I've replaced tons of those fuses.

-Chris

anatech said:
Hi jleaman,
I'd like a deal too. ;) Double your money. You can PM me.

-Chris

I'll make you a deal..

You find me a variable Powersupply with positive negitive and center ground rail's Simular to this. > and ill trade you :) value for value :)

Technical Specifications

* 3 1/ 2 Digits LCD Display
* Output Voltage: 0 - 30 Volts @ 0-5 Amps
* Output Current: 0 - 5 Amps
* Input Voltage: 230V, 50Hz
* Constant voltage/ Constant Current
* Voltage and Current adjustment
* Accuracy: Voltage 1% Current 1.5% +2dgt
* Power effect: CV<0.01%+1mV, CC<0.2% + 1mA
* Overload effect: CV<0.01% +3mV, CC<0.2% +3mA
* Waves and noises: CV<0.5mV r.m.s, CC 3mA, r.m.s
* Protection: High current limited.
* Ripple & Noise: <1mV rms( I>5A), CV<0.5mV rms( I < 5A)
* Output Current: 0-5 A
* Operating Temperature: 0 - 102 F ( 0 -40 C), Relative Humidity: <90%
* LCD Accuracy is within + or - 2.5%
* Size: 291x158x136mm

Attachments

• hy3005d.jpg
    hy3005d.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 298
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.