Local location to chicago for transistors etc??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Guys, audiolabs of GA does a fantastic job supplying my parts but the 4 day wait and the 9 dollar shipping each time is killing me! I never spend enough to justify shipping.

Is there anywhere in northern IL that I can buy these parts? I need transistors and things of that nature.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Evan

I get excellent service out of Newark. 2 day shipping is standard. You can also buy parts that are listed at MCM and Farnell through them. They are all owned by the same holding company. I also get really good service out of Mouser.

BTW, if you have a list of some of the parts that you are looking for, I am shedding a bunch of my parts stock. I have been listing it, as time permits, at the trading post. I have lots of mil spec and JAN transistors and diodes. Gimme numbers, I'll see what I have.

Regards,
Al

Al, hit me up with a list of stuff you have. I already ordered the stuff I needed from audiolabs. Ah, on the other hand im too noobish to know what you really have. I will keep you in mind though.

I have NO complaints about mouser, parts-express, or audiolabs. All the service I have gotten has been very good and prompt. Unfortunately it seems like I figure out what parts are bad one part at a time and dump too much on shipping. I guess when I get better at diagnosis It wont be too bad.

Polo... provided your not getting fakes its worth it LOL. I spoke to a few local techs and they told me digikey, aparently there is no good local source for us!! Email me with your address, and I will email you next time I order from anywhere. I would be happy to split shipping or whatever if you need a few things and I need a few.

Evan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.