source of transformer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you are cheap surplus is good but you don't exactly get a large amount of choice. If you are building a large class A amplifer I would stick to a new transformer as a surplus one wouls not likely have the needed power. If you are building a class B or AB surplus may be the way to go. This is an example of what is available http://www.apexjr.com/miscellaneous.html#Transformers

my not so local army surplus shop has them occasionaly, and a web search for surplus transformers has given results in the past

Lligior said:

Definately a good choice. I got a pair of the 48VCT 7A +28VCT 3A transformers for $10 and they have worked great. Also be sure to check out their other parts. They have some good capacitors. If I remember right shipping those transformers across the country wasn't too expensive.

I forgot to mention that I got a 7x14x1.25 heatsink from them for $10 also.

Darrell Harmon

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.