Books on electronics in audio applications: recommendations?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm pretty close to finishing Thomas L. Floyd's Principles of Electric Circuits and would like to move on to more advanced reading material. I'd like to expand on the fundamentals, but would greatly appreciate it if any of you could recommend some good books on electronics in audio applications, specifically analog audio.

I've ordered Morgan Jones' Valve Amplifiers and Building Valve Amplifiers but they won't cover all of the bases.

Basically, at this point, I need to learn more about how audio circuits operate and when to use what types of parts (how sound is affected differently by, say, film and ceramic caps, for example). I'm interested in valves AND transistors.

Thanks in advance for your well-informed input.

LowRedMoon said:
Basically, at this point, I need to learn more about how audio circuits operate and when to use what types of parts (how sound is affected differently by, say, film and ceramic caps, for example). I'm interested in valves AND transistors.

Everything and more:

-High-Power Audio Amplifier Construction Manual
-The Audiophile's Project Sourcebook
Both these books are by Randy Slone.
The amplifier manual is especially good.

For Capacitors there's:
http://www.capacitors.com/picking_capacitors/pickcap.htm#list]-Picking Capacitors
considered to be the defenitive opinion on caps.

fred p.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.