Nomenclature...Electronics Part Nos.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
First of all..thanks to everyone who has helped me so far.

Here's a question

I have a schematic for the Marantz PM66KI amp. The amp is missing two large capacitors.

In the schematic each electronic part is listed as Part No. (PCS) and also Part No. (MJI). I think MJI stands for Marantz International but not sure what PCS means but I'm wondering if I can determine the specific components using this.

For what it's worth I'm trying to find replacement capacitors, I think they were made by Elna, 12mF, 56V.

Best Wishes All
Alan

Here's why...

Thanks for the reply but for example...

One of the capacitors is listed in the schematic as this

ELECT 12000uF, 56V
Part No (PCS) 4822 124 80995
Part No (MJI) 0B10905610

I think it suggests different part numbers depending what catalog is used. I think MJI stands for Marantz International.

Regards
Alan

I'll bet you those are internal numbers for marantz manufacturing etc... they probably won't help you unless you can talk to someone who has special Marantz service books... again a Marantz nut would help.

Companies do this for 2 reasons; 1, it keeps their internal systems for inventory simpler, 2, it allows their their purchasing people to buy the same cap form different suppliers.

The reason they don't tell you who made it, and what their part number is, is because it would take too much paper (they may buy the cap from 4 different suppliers), and they want you to buy the cap from them for $4 instead of somewhere else for $0.40... helps pay for the parts department...selling one here and one there is hard way to make a buck.

So get all you can about the cap... post that portion of your schematic and people here will help you pick out a good one. Beware of anyone who tells you the value has to be changed or you need to buy some $100 cap, or how "great" this brand sounds...

:D :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.