Question about computer speakers...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
OK, I'm new here, so I hope this is the right forum...

How do you hook up your computer to your stereo speakers? Lately, my CD player has been skipping. I've tried the lens cleaner CD, and it didn't really work. I remember one of my friends had his computer hooked up to his stereo system, and played music on his computer that came through his stereo speakers. How do you do it? Thanks. ^^

From the soundcard out to the amp, or from the CDROM drive headphone jack to the amp. The computer end will be a minature stereo RCA, size 1/8" ~ 3.5 mm. Turn the volume down in either case... both of those connections are higher output than a typical CDP. I bet they make a cable that goes from the 1/8" stereo minature to RCA's... but I have always built my own.

Here's an adapter that would do the job...

Mini to female RCA

From the soundcard out to the amp, or from the CDROM drive headphone jack to the amp. The computer end will be a minature stereo RCA, size 1/8" ~ 3.5 mm. Turn the volume down in either case... both of those connections are higher output than a typical CDP. I bet they make a cable that goes from the 1/8" stereo minature to RCA's... but I have always built my own.

Here's an adapter that would do the job...

Mini to female RCA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.