Signal generator schematic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
HI... in attachment a simple signal generator schematic based on MAX038 (available also as free sample from Maxim).
I found the schematic on the web but I substituted the output buffer IC with something more simple to find (LF357 instead of EL2001 wich is hard to find for me).
Note: Fine - Coarse - Level are 1K Lin Pot
Hope you'll find this usefull.... I had no time to make a board, but if someone want to help me, I will post schematic in eagle (.sch) format.

Attachments

• sign_gen2.gif
    sign_gen2.gif
    35.6 KB · Views: 623
The Analog Devices SSM-2135 would be a good choice for the output buffer. It has lots of guts. I used it to make a headphone amp for my AKG 240 cans.

If you need more drive than that, run a series resistor of about 100 ohms, from the output of the buffer. Then, put a complementary pair of transistors on the output. Simply connect the bases of the transistors to the output pin of the chip and , connect the emitters on the other side of the resistor. The collectors go to their respective supply rails.

You can use 2N3904/3906 pair or, for more heft, 2n2905/3019.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.