which is good DIgital auto range multimeter.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I am looking to buy good multimeter. Other than fluke (very expensive if i add import and canadian tax to it) , is there any other any other auto range multimeter? ANy chinese made import multimeter ? or Any fluke mimick multimeter available?.

Let me know. I appreciate it .

Thanks
Alexk
toronto

Hi,

Sure Fluke, Metrix, Gossen, BBC etc. are top of the line and reliable instruments. But the el cheapo’s are not bad. For our service engineers I bought Tenma DMM’s (from Farnell) costing around $40,- Do a search on “DMM” at Farnell.com After a year of harsh service practice they still survive :D Accuracy is not a serious point with the cheaper ones. Problem is the range switch that wears out at intensive use.

Cheers ;)

Cheap DMM

We just bought a bunch of Tenma 72-7735 dmm's where I work.
$45.00 USD with a cal cert. Everybody really likes them. We suspect that they are actually made by Fluke. Extech also makes some good stuff that is fairly inexpensive.

If you want a bench type meter, take a look at the Protek B940. We have purchased more than 2 dozen of them for general purpose work. Or, you can find any number of Fluke 8010/8012 on eBay. They tend to run from $50.00 to $125.00.

It may actually be more useful to have two or three cheap DMMs than one expensive. Don't undestimate the value of measuring several parameters simultaneously, and don't overestimate the value of high precision measurements. I would say the ability for simultaneous measurements is probably more often useful than the slightly better performance of (some) expensive DMMs.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.