Matched IRFP240 wanted

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone

I am going to build Anthony's N-Channel Mosfet amp and thus need 3 matched pairs of N-Channel Mosfets (IRFP240). I would like to know if anyone has some pairs to sell, and whether it will be cost effective, since i live in South Africa and i don't know how much it will cost to post/courier some small items like those over here.

If anyone can supply 3 matched pairs with postage then please make me an offer or alternative suggestion. I might buy 6 pairs if the price is attractive.

Gareth

Deal?

Well, the question is not wether anyone can beat that or not. The question is if you would like to buy 20-30 pcs and do the matching.

Anyone can get really cheap components somewhere.

I'll do the matching for you, from my lot of IRFP's (You'll get IRFP240). 6 pcs (3 pairs). If you had bought them from wherever you find them for $3, then it would be about $18, which is a really good price. Though for matching 6pcs you probably need about 12 - 20 pcs, which adds up to somewhere around $36 - $60. You don't want to pay that.

The rule of thumb on this forum is that when you buy matched devices, you take the above into consideration. Matched devices cost more. That's it.

Though I'm a nice guy and will do it for you, send it to you by surface mail (or something like it, I might get really generous and send it to you by air). The cost?

You get the matched pieces from me, you send me 3 cans/bottles/whatever (preferably cans) of the best local beer you can find (you know, Heinekken I can get here...)

So how about it? What do you others think?

//magnus

Beer, beer and beer

Swede, that is a very generous offer! I will get back to you once i figure out how to send you 3 cans of the best.

We in SA have bears like:

SA breweries brands:
Castle Lager, Castle Milk Stout, Lion Lager.

Also brands like Amstel,Carling Black Label, Windhoek Light (from namibia), Hansa Pilsener, Sterling etc.

Do any of these interest you?
I am not (yet) much of a bear drinker - but i suppose at 20 yrs of age, i better get moving :)

Beer

No rush for starting to dring beer. You can leave that to mee... ;=)

The Windhoek Light and the Castle lager sounds really nice. I sent beer to Canada once. I bought cans (glass breaks easily) and used quite a lot of padding.

I'll do the matching and send the parts this weekend if you send me your address. Just click on that e-mail button below my post and I'll get back to you shortly.

This is what makes the internet and forums such a nice place!

Best,
//magnus

Re: Beer

swede said:

I'll do the matching and send the parts this weekend if you send me your address. Just click on that e-mail button below my post and I'll get back to you shortly.

This is what makes the internet and forums such a nice place!

Best,
//magnus

magnus,

i've asked my father to check up on the postage/customs issue. Looks like it's gonna cost about $13 just to post it surface mail to you. About $20 airmail! (can you send beer on a plane? won't cans explode?)

He also said that Castle Lager is the best, and he would recommend you try Amstel (if you dont already get that) and Hansa Pilsener.

I'll get back to you when i find out more.

Thanks

Gareth

Cool!

I'm just about to match the devices for you! I've got enough 240's to get you 6 pcs.

I don't think the cans will explode in an airplane. You need much more preassure than that, unless they freeze. I'm fine with surface mail. I still haven't got your address.

I don't think there will be any customs issues either. Just write the value of the goods on the package, and the postal service on my end will make sure I pay whatever customs there will be. A handful of beers won't be that valuable anyways. ;=)

I believe I've tried Amstel already, but the other ones seem interesting.

I have some BC546b I'll send you as well. They are not hard to get, but anyways.

//magnus

I'm not sure if it is considered cheating or not... ;=) Is there a big difference for you? Cheaper postage or is it a big hassle to send stuff from South Africà?

The thing is not for me to try South African beer per se. I can probably get the same beer in a store here in Geneva. The cool part is that someone went through the "work" to get it here from wherever they are at. Not too long ago I sent some beer from Sweden (where I lived by then) to Canada. The guy recieving it got really happy!

It is not considered cheating if you happen to be in London yourself in person (for a vacation or whatever), as long as you send it to me yourself. ;=) (or you just make sure I never get to know you were not)

Anyone else interested in 3x2 matched IRFP240 for a box of beer? ;=) I might have more!

//magnus

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.