protoboards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hey I'm making an electronics workstation consolette and I need some decent protoboards to mount to it.
Was searching on ebay and found these :

http://stores.ebay.com/APACO-Electronics_Breadboard-Protoboards_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQftidZ2QQtZkm

what do you think of these, is the quality ok on them?

I'm going to be using them with tube stuff so I don't want them to melt.. I've been using a global specialties board someone is lending me and its great, I just need some of my own now.

Keep in mind that this type of board tends to have a lot of stray capacitance between adjacent rows of sockets and to the metal ground plane on which the board is mounted. The stray capacitance may affect the performance of your circuit, especially with Hi Z devices like tubes.

I_F

well I think its ok for just testing purposes, I try and keep my traces far apart too and contacts close together as possible. I was really wondering if anyone had ever heard of the brand they have on ebay or if its a cheapie. If its as good of quality as my protoboard than thats what I want . Do you think it will match up or is it a cheapie?

well I need them to do double duty so theres gonna have to be some compramise. What would you reccomend for doing tubes on though?

I really would like to know what you think of the quality of that particular brand ( or are the all alike ?) because I need to order some regardless for my solid state circuits.

Global is fine... but these are for low voltage stuff. I would not buy these on Ebay uinless they listed the brand... the ole Ebay trick... buy chinese for $5 and sell... one at a time for $30...

I would not use these for tube circuits. The voltages and temperatures are too high...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.