power conditioner

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
| | | Inbox

Hello

I'm not sure if this is a post for this forum but here goes. I want to build a power conditioner useing a Plitron 2000va trans that is made to be used as an isolation trans. I also have a chang iso 6400. My idea is to use the guts of the chang in a chassis with the trans. The chang has the surge protection mov's on a small baord along with a 4.7mf cap across the mains so there's protection. It also has chang's own filters two for analog one for digital so there's filtering. The plitron trans is a ballanced design. There is one component in the chang that is across the gound wire & I have no idea what it is. It's about .75in long x about .25in. It has no markings at all. It almost looks like ferrite with about 10 very small prongs on each side. One side of the ground is soldered along the row on one side the other side of the ground is the same but on the other side.
So here are all my questions
What is that thing & what does it do
would this idea make a good conditioner
Should the surge protection board be before the trans or after
Should the filters be before or after the trans
should there be enegy storage (cap) if so what kind & how much
If I used two trannies in the same chassis (one for digital one for analog) will the trannies afect each other
Is any sort of shielding of the chassis needed for either the tranies inside or other gear nearby.
I have far more ambition than I do knoledge so any thoughts/help will be greatly appreiciated.

Dennis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.