I hit the jackpot on BLACK GOLD!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A nice score..and more may be coming! I hope that's not envy I am detecting.... If there is enough I will be happy to share with the locals.

Marc

Attachments

• noname.jpeg
    noname.jpeg
    70.5 KB · Views: 1,135
DSP_Geek said:
What size are these?

ps.: I wuuuuuuv you, not like that nasty pinkmouse.

Francois.

Well, since pinkmouse hates me, he doesn't get them. Since you wuuuuuuv me, you don't get them either. I'm not gonna say why :clown:

Seriously,
The fins are about 1.5"deep, height about 7" and the width is about 10" but there is a wierd area that had machining for one of those big metal diodes in it. They need to be introduced to my tablesaw for a width reduction to maybe 7-8". The baseplate is less than 1/4". They aren't right here so I can't be exact. I think they look a little bigger in the pic than they are in reality.

Nevertheless, I used 4 of these in my heavily biased aleph 3/30 and I never measured the sinks at over maybe 57c in the middle of the summer out in the garage. They seem to work quite well.

I'm not done gathering and may see more interesting things on Dec 7 when we have another 'salvage clearing' session. I have my eye on some stuff that's out there. I'm gonna wait till everything is all together before I decide what to do with it all. Maybe I'll just scrap it...joking:bawling:

I just felt like showing off today but I'll report back here with updates. There is the old issue of weighty shipping and I really hate getting into complicated international shipping, a pain in the butt since I don't really intend to make a profit (maybe a little trade or..dunno?)..just give a little back for what I've learned here thus far;)

UPDATE:

OK, The 7th has come and gone. OH, and I have more...much more. Can you believe it...I'm not done yet! I think there is more to be had!!!!! Too cool...

What, you may ask, am I gonna do with all these heatsinks? It's kind of rediculous, isn't it? I've decided what I am gonna do and here is my reasoning...

This is all surplused equipment from my company. The powers that be were nice enough to allow me to take it before it was disposed of. This is rare, very rare. I convinced them that there was a lot of value here and it would be a shame to melt it down. I did state that I WOULD NOT sell it and that made them smile. I stated that I would use it for bartering and that did not make them frown. I think there's something about hard dollars and cents that would make them uncomfortable. So, I'm willing to trade for it. The following posts are not an offering, just an update. This will go in the 'trading post' section when I have all my ducks in a row.

Due to the mass of the items I think I'm gonna have to do US only and take advantage of the USPS flat rate system. What am I willing to trade for?? Dunno yet.

Pic of Harris High power amps in my garage:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 222
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.