Which replacement transistor for Sanken C3856/A1492? - Page 6 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th December 2010, 12:40 AM   #51
chipper is offline chipper  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to chipper Send a message via Yahoo to chipper
Hi, I know bringing a thread from the dead but I have a question? If I replace a higher rated output transistor inplace a of a lower power rated one? I put in C3856 and A1692 inplace of C4467 and A1694 because they were the only transistors I had. It plays good the receiver haven't had a problem so far. Any idea if it's good?
Old 25th December 2010, 07:31 AM   #52
mt490 is offline mt490  Australia
diyAudio Member

Should be ok, depends on the circuit topology. The fT's and gains are within reason (well except the bigger transistor goes to a higher current as expected) and SOA is larger, so you shouldn't have too many issues if the output stage was an EF.

CFP on the other hand could cause issues with oscillation.
Old 25th December 2010, 07:49 PM   #53
chipper is offline chipper  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to chipper Send a message via Yahoo to chipper
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt490 View Post
Should be ok, depends on the circuit topology. The fT's and gains are within reason (well except the bigger transistor goes to a higher current as expected) and SOA is larger, so you shouldn't have too many issues if the output stage was an EF.

CFP on the other hand could cause issues with oscillation.
Yeah im using them in a kenwood stereo receiver class ab design has pot for biasing. I haven't noticed anything funny ever since i put those in. The new devices i put are rated for 180v 15a and originals were 120v 8a i think? I thought that maybe by putting them in mite change something.

Oh yeah the model of my receiver is KR-A4040
Old 15th August 2011, 08:37 PM   #54
diyAudio Member

Hello to all of the forum to replace these transistors it is D1047, B817 ok up to soon.....
Old 6th July 2014, 04:52 PM   #55
tomi is offline tomi  Wales
diyAudio Member

Whilest I'm not trying to resurrect an old thread, I thought that this would be as good a place as any for this information.

A little digging in the interweb appears to reveal that the Samson S1000 is also sold as the Inter-M M1000 and Commax A1000 - I have one of the latter in bits on my bench at the moment, mostly dead.
At the time of writing (getting on for 10 years after the start of this thread) most of the transistors are unobtainable - notably the lateral FETs used in the driver stage. I've traced most of the power circuit (before I stumbled accross the schematic linked to earlier) and I'll be posting it online when complete.
The amp is not class G or H, but a pure class B; the unladen supplies on mine exceed +/-90v. Consensus here seems to be that this is asking too much of these little transistors.
I'm going to experiment with substituting different transistors (the FETs are going to be a particular problem, but I'm interested to see if a vertical FET will work) and I'll report my results either here or on the electro-tech-online forum.

Cheers all!

Hide this!Advertise here!