Which replacement transistor for Sanken C3856/A1492? - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd December 2005, 12:07 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to jacco vermeulen
Quote:
Originally posted by rkc7
I was able to contact Samson and get a schematic for the amp.
Is it possible to post the schematic, i would very much like to see how it is done if those Sanken numbers are OEM parts.
First thing that comes to my mind is that the Samson has to be a rails switcher to keep the output devices alive, a G class amplifier.
Old 3rd December 2005, 10:42 PM   #12
rkc7 is offline rkc7  United States
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the help Andrew.

As you probably know, I'm not very knowledgeable about amplifier design, but I am good with a multimeter and soldering iron. So, I like to fix amplifiers for fun.

For now I'm just waiting for the original replacements (or equivalent because some of these parts are hard to find) and I'm going to hold off any experimenting.

The schematic is too large to attach to the board, so I uploaded it to a schematic website. You can get it here:

http://www.eserviceinfo.com/download...son_S1000.html
Old 3rd December 2005, 11:05 PM   #13
Reina is offline Reina  Germany
diyAudio Member

you can get these sanken transistors in this shop in berlin:

http://www.segor.de

greetings.
Old 3rd December 2005, 11:25 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

I didn't have trouble finding the Sanken transistors but some other parts that were bad. Thanks though.
Old 4th December 2005, 07:51 AM   #15
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

Hi Rkc,
tried download from ESI but got "bad file or does not exist" in the PDF window.
Could not access "report " due to not registered.
Note there have been zero downloads in the recent past.
Old 4th December 2005, 10:48 AM   #16
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to jacco vermeulen
Quote:
Originally posted by AndrewT
Note there have been zero downloads in the recent past.
read the line below the download table: the counter is set to zero daily !

Safe operation relies for a great deal on the parts around Q127 and Q137, in combination with a temperature sensor and a relay.
Q127 and Q137 take voltage of the gate of the MOSFET drivers Q109 and Q110 in case of too high output currents and fast transients.
If that part of the circuit does not work properly the output devices are bound to be blown.
Old 7th October 2006, 02:18 AM   #17
rh1530 is offline rh1530  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Sanken 2SA1492, 2SC3856 Matched Pair

Hi,

I have a Matched Pair, (1 Pair only)Sanken 2SA1492, 2SC3856 - Output transistors - for sale if you're still interested. These were salvaged from a 100 W per channel Onkyo Receiver

Bob
Old 5th January 2007, 02:30 AM   #18
diyAudio Member

Well, I got replacement parts for the one channel, and tested it out and it worked fine... for about 10 min. Lights dimmed and the amp smoked... oops.

The channel I fixed was fine, but the other channel blew some outputs. So, I again bought entirely new outputs transistors for the channel and replaced the drivers as well. Checked it over thoroughly and figured it was just because I had mixed some of the "good" transistors left over from each channel previously to fix the 2nd channel, but they may have been unknowningly damaged.

Then I had another problem which I finally just solved!

After I repaired ch 2, when I tested the amp, the protection light would not come on when I turned it on and the relay would never click on the channel.... so after countless hours of searching components and tracking down the source of the problem, I noticed a small crack on the edge of the volume control board which happened to run through the leads of a couple components, and with the ohmmeter saw that the trace that powered the LEDs for the channel was open. So, I repaired the trace and secured the crack with some epoxy and it worked!

It's been a long an arduous journey to repair this amplifier, so I hope it will finally work correctly! I think I just want to get rid of it now, so I no longer have to be concerned with it.

I've definitely not been impressed with Samson's amplifiers. I also have a servo 120 which had it's fair share of problems. These included a few component's that must have had cold solder joints as the solder cracked right off the board... most annoying being the relay to turn on the speakers which manifested itself as the speakers randomly turning off and having to give the thing a whack to turn them back on

Oh, and if anyone is looking for the 2SC3856 or 2SA1492, I bought some from this company and even smashed one open and they are genuine for a great price!

http://www.bdent.com/search/part.jsp?partnum=2SC3856
Old 6th January 2007, 10:06 AM   #19
diyAudio Member

maybe Sanken (2S)C6011A and (2S)A2151A
Old 19th February 2007, 09:00 AM   #20
diyAudio Member

Hello RKC7,

I have here also an Samson S1000 amplifier with blown output device's, on both channels! With which type of transistors did you repaired your amp? The original transistors are not available here in Holland. What a crappy amplifier!

Hide this!Advertise here!