Motorola (?) RingEmitterTransistor MN25 / MP 25

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Not likely.

MN25 was a TO3 germanium transistor made by Motorola.
MP25 a Russian made TO5 device (ELORG= elektron org. teknika in Moscow)
MN25 and MP25 were probably the internal Pioneer device numbers, M25 NPN and M25 PNP.
Only ones producing ringemitters were Toshiba and Sanken, production of high power ringemitter transistors started before Pioneer started production of the M25 in '79.
Later production Toshiba ringemitters had the identical MT200 casing and color as Sanken devices.

Pioneer produced the open-style chassis 30 watt class A M22 end of the 70s, followed-up by the partial class A M25.
Both looked practically identical, seen quite a few of these machines in France.

www.visi.com/~jweeks/stuff/pioneer/#series20

Here is a picture of the output section of the A-27 integrated amplifier model (found it on a Pioneer series homepage somewhere)
2 NPN and 2 PNP TO3's per channel.
Supposedly the A-27 used the same devices as the M25 did, and much of the circuit concepts of the M25 and C21 preamplifier.
Pioneer used the big casing Sanken multi-emitter devices in the later M series power amplifiers.

Attachments

• pioneer a-27 output devices.jpg
    pioneer a-27 output devices.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 258
found the homepage i got the picture from again:
http://www.silverpioneer.netfirms.com/a27_amplifier.htm

These amplifiers have collectors value, and you would probably need 2 of the A-27 amplifiers to have enough output devices to repair an M25.
Fixing an M25 with modern Sanken devices will not keep the amplifier original, but a lot easier and big Sankens are very rugged.

The M model is a lovely design, wouldn't mind having one myself.

Did diagnostics and result is that on one channel complete driver rail voltage regulator is dead including 6 transistors and one zener.
The zener is my problem, there is written 320 on it, so i measured voltage across the good zener of other channel and there is 31,0X volts.
Is this a 31 V or 32 V zener ?

The amp is for 120V, separate transformers in parallel, could be rewired in series for 240V.

Any problem if for example one channel draws current and the other doesn't ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.