Eagle & Gerber

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello

I use eagle, and want to send gerber files to www.4pcb.com

Can any one please guide me to which required ULPs and CAM jobs I have to use, also which layer to check when producing the gerber files for each job. If possible may be some one can post pics of the necessary steps while working on eagle.

Thanks

1. Run drlcfg.ulp first
2. In EAGLE open the File Menu goto the CAM Processor
3. In the CAM Processor goto File | Open | Job...
4. Open Excellon.cam
5. Process Job
6. Open Gerb274x.cam
7. Process Job
8. The following files should be generated:

*.drl
*.drd
*.sol
*.cmp
*.stc
*.sts
*.dim
*.plc

9. Use a Gerber viewer like GC-Preview from GraphiCode and check your files (import them into GC Preview)
10. Make a zip file from the data and send them to your prefered pcb supplier.

Hello pinkmouse, and hello all

You seem to be a well experienced in gerber, any way, I have followed what bocka said, and genearated the files to upload them here on the forum, so that pinkmouse and bocka can comment on them.

I am making this PCB as single layer, when I opened the CAM processor, I used Excellon job, and choose the Gerber RS274-X as the device, to generate the drill file. After that I choose the Gerber RS274-X job,and choose the Gerber RS274-X as the device to genearate the rest of the files. For the CMP file, I only choose the pads to show on the top components side in case of single sided PCB, I think this is not really necessary. I also used GerberTool v14.2 to import the the files, and generate one gerber file, which is also included in the zip file.

Any way, please correct me if I am wrong here:

1. For .cmp file, component side, if I am making double sided, then I have to choose pads, vias, and top layers. If I am making single sided PCB, then I will leave this without choosing any layer.

2. For the .sol file, solder mask, I have to choose pads, vias, and bottom layers.

3. For .plc file, silk screen, I only show dimension, tplace, tnames, and tvalues.

4. For .stc file, solder stop mask"From component side" I choose tstop.

5. For .sts file, solder stop mask"From solder side" I choose bstop.

Any way, I have uploaded all files generated by the CAM processor, and also made .PNG images for guys who can't view gerber or other files.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• gerber+original-cam-files.zip
    75.7 KB · Views: 38
Hello

There are many mistakes in these files, I have discovered that the files of .stc, sts, and .plc are not consistent, I mean if you try to view .plc, and .sts, you will note that pads and components are not aligned the right way. I tried to find out why is that, but no way guys, if you try to open them with any viewer, you will note this. I don't know the reason for that, even though, I read the appendix again and agian in eagle manual to see if I used the wrong layers for each file, but they all seem right.

Can any body explain whats happening here...

Thanks

Hi

Suppose I am viewing the drill holes info generated by the Excellon --> RS274-X gerber job, where should I see the drill holes aligned, when viewing the solder side pads, or when viewing the component side pads.

Also, which has to be aligned to which, and which have to be mirrored when generating the gerber files.

BTW, can any one upload an example...

Thanks in advance...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.