Patrolman SW-60 mods

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I got a neat lookin patrolman SW-60 that still works good. I like the overall appearence.

Anyone got a schematic for one?

I am bored, and as you know, I like to mod the hell out of things, so, I want to make this puppy recieve FM stereo.

Here is what I know.

I need a schematic to locate the discriminator output and the audio sections.

I can obtain a stereo decoder IC, and pull the output streight off of the discriminator. and hopefully the decoder has an enable/disable pin.

If I can make a decoder circuit, run the stereo indicator LED to the plastic frequency scale pointer in the front, so when a stereo signal is picked up, the pointer will illuminate red.

And, when I plug the headphones in, the little contacter in the plug that hits when the plug is plugged in, it can drive a 4066 to enable stereo decoding, and turn off the internal speaker amplifier.

As soon as I unplug the headphones, stereo decoding is turned off, and the internal speaker is turned on.

Can I do this, well, I know I can, but does anyone have a schematic?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.