resistor comparison test - tantalum? - Page 22 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th August 2008, 07:36 AM   #211
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to piedpiper Send a message via Yahoo to piedpiper
Roy, are you saying that the VAR is superior to the TX2575? How do they relate? Thanks!
Old 10th August 2008, 11:37 AM   #212
Bobken is offline Bobken  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jtsaudio
[B
BTW- According to an article I read, the name "Holco" is derived from the words "Whole and Copper", originally used to describe the construction.

-Joe [/B]
Hi,

Not that it matters much, but I have seen this same misunderstanding before on this Forum.

In fact " HOLCO" is derived from the name of the company making these resistors. i.e. HOLsworthy COmpany, as they were originally called, and they are (or were) located in Holsworthy, Devon, in the UK.

Some years ago, I visited their manufacturing establishment in Holsworthy several times, but they are now part of a larger electronics organisation nowadays.

Regards,
Old 19th August 2008, 05:58 PM   #213
diyAudio Member

Default Zfoil

any other company sell Zfoil resistor except Texas components? i only need them in small quantity. cheers
Old 19th August 2008, 07:06 PM   #214
stijena is offline stijena  Croatia
diyAudio Member

I have some 200 ohm SMD version. SMD has lower parasitic inductance, and my batch is very well aged:

Production date is 1994. I can make matched pairs and quads (to 1ppm matching), and my initial intention was to use them as emitter resistor with MAT02 and MAT04 preamps.
Old 19th August 2008, 11:14 PM   #215
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to piedpiper Send a message via Yahoo to piedpiper
Texas components is happy to sell in quantities as low as "1" as long as they have the parts in stock. If they have to order the parts for the values you need, at least when I ordered, they wanted to see "25."
Old 11th September 2008, 06:06 AM   #216
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by piedpiper
Texas components is happy to sell in quantities as low as "1" as long as they have the parts in stock. If they have to order the parts for the values you need, at least when I ordered, they wanted to see "25."
Anyone knoe if they are still in business? i have email them twice almost a month ago and no reply till now.

anyone recently receive their reply? or maybe they do not ship international? but they should reply tho.
Old 11th September 2008, 08:02 AM   #217
diyAudio Member

I have received several emails from them this week.

You can buy from Percy Audio in California aswell. He has them
in stock. I just received a package full of TX2352s from him.

Sigurd

Quote:
Originally posted by milen007

Anyone knoe if they are still in business? i have email them twice almost a month ago and no reply till now.

anyone recently receive their reply? or maybe they do not ship international? but they should reply tho.
Old 11th September 2008, 08:24 AM   #218
diyAudio Member

Hi Sigurd

Thanks for reply. Percy Audio also never reply my email. i have email then last march, no reply. email them again this august and no reply as i know they carry vishay s102.

hence i source from part connexion but they dont have vishay

mind pm me or post the email you use to communicate with them? as the email i got from the catalog never has answer. thx
Old 12th September 2008, 02:54 AM   #219
diyAudio Member

Texas components have an internet provider with very stringent anti-spam policy. Whole countries are excluded and on black-list (not individual servers, but literally whole regions). You have to call them on the phone. At least that worked for me.
Old 12th September 2008, 02:54 AM   #220
diyAudio Member

To fthifi:

You can use two resistors in parallel or series to meet power rating. Parallel would be preferred for two reasons: Those resistors have a "sweet spot" (better specs) at higher values, so parallel connection calls for higher resistor value.
The other reason is lower inductance in parallel.

Also, statistically You can achieve lower tolerance (square root of two) if You use two resistors instead of one.

Hide this!Advertise here!