Faulty BACKLIGHT and external adapter (?)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Guys I have an LCD TV with faulty inverter or power supply. When I turn it on, cold cathode flourescent tubes are working for a second, and they goes dark.

I have tried to make work one of them (there are 8 flourescent tubes in backlit unit), via simple dual inverter (from case modification lamp) and 12V DC adapter, and I get success !

However, flourescent was working with half brightness. I mean inverter was probably feeding them with 24v instead of 12v.

Original inverter of the TV was this one;

http://www.darfon.com/2005_HTM/Power/Inverter_26LCD.htm

My question is:

Can I get work those 8 flourescent tubes via dual inverter and 24V DC adaptor ? I' m kind of unenlightened on electrics, so I need your advices.

THX in advance.

PS: There is no chance to repair it in my place... Only way is this way lol.

The lamps themselves will be running off several hundred volts, which is why you need the inverter.

If you can power all the lamps with individual inverters
and you don't mind the things hanging out the side (keep the wires short on the high voltage side! )
then go for it.

Firs of all thx for the replies.

Stocker said:
The lamps themselves will be running off several hundred volts, which is why you need the inverter.

If you can power all the lamps with individual inverters
and you don't mind the things hanging out the side (keep the wires short on the high voltage side! )
then go for it.

I can power two lamps with one case modification lamp inverter. Which was this one;

http://www.spirecoolers.com/acc.asp?ProdID=27

Actually I changed my idea because of poor voltage output of this inverter. I mean, I need to learn about voltage output value of original (Darfon) inverter. Then I should find an inverter (from case mod products) that gives same voltage output with original one.

Do you have an idea about original inverter's voltage output ? I emailed manufacturer but they have not replied me... :( And there is no detailed information (in website of Darfon) about their inverter products.

karma said:
i have tryed it in the past, save yourself the pain and order the right inverter for that model;)

Emailed the manufacturer, but I think they will not respond me. So I don't have a choice. :)

a 24V-input inverter will either not work at all or not put out the rated voltage (probably will be much lower) if fed 12V. If you feed it 24V, the output will be whatever it should be. If it is enough to strike and maintain the light in the lamp, it should work.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.