PCB Home Making Questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hy,

I wonder what type of tube can I use to expose PCBs.I have a blacklight tube Philips tld 18w/08 (this is the one sold for money fake detection, disco & other technical or hobby stuff). Some people say this is not right for the exposing job other say that it does the job veryy well.I dont know what to think of.
Spectral range is around 400 nm UV-A & some UV-B which does match with the needs of a photoresist board

What do u think about it?

What is the diference between blacklight & blacklight blue?

Best regards, Adrian

I'm in an area where sun is not so active until spring i mean next year.What should I do,I'll wait until then...:xeye:

C'mon sun rays is out of the question..

What would be the alternative?
I mean what kind of tubes should I use; models, brands

Any sugestion?

Best regards, Adrian

You can use an ordinary fluorescent lamp -- I use a "slide viewer" (one of those light tables on which you place 35mm slides for viewing) it's fluorescent only puts out a few watts -- expose 8 minutes.

if you have a photo/darkroom enthusiast friend you can use a density step wedge to ascertain the proper exposure time. the density curve of pcb material is very sharp, once you standardize on a board material supplier, developer solution and exposure time the rest is just shake and bake.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.