RCA Jacks, Binding posts and Attenuator, need sugestions!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I'm looking for good RCA female jacks and Binding posts for my DIY tube amplifier. I thought about the WBT, but I don't know if they worth the high price. What about the Cardas and Vampire connectors? Wich is the best for the price? I want excelent quality.

I'm also looking for a good volume attenuator. I would like a remote control stepped attenuator, is there any one with excelent quality?

Thanks for the help

Guilherme

Guijs said:
I'm looking for good RCA female jacks and Binding posts for my DIY tube amplifier. I thought about the WBT, but I don't know if they worth the high price. What about the Cardas and Vampire connectors? Wich is the best for the price? I want excelent quality.

Are you stuck having to use RCAs and binding posts or are alternatives an option?

se

If I didn't HAVE to use RCAs and binding post I'd pick the Neutrik XLRs for inputs and the Speakon connectors for speaker wires. The problem is your going against the pro-facto standards in the home audio market. Even when a standard is inferior sometimes it still makes sense to use it for obvious reasons.

If you are going to pick a binding post/RCA the best thing to do is build cables with connectors from the same manf. I make sure my spades match well with the binding post I sell and that the female RCAs fit well with the Male RCAs.

Guijs said:
Please, give me some ideas :D ! The project is still in the paper.

Well, for example for years I've been using the plastic Redel connectors from Lemo for line level, speaker level and even power feed connections (though keep in mind I'm not using them for high voltages). I've recently been experimenting with the Kulka 1690 Series terminal blocks from Marathon with good results.

But of course you're not limited to these either. Let your imagination run wild. :)

se

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.