Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd October 2005, 01:25 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Eagle Question. Printing for Toner Transfer meathod.

I'm new to using eagle.. I've designed a layout that I would like to pring out so I can etch it using the toner transfer meathod.. Only problem is I can't figure out hot to print the damn thing. It's probably something really obvious that I'm missing, but I've been looking at the computer screen for too long!

Can anyone give me a hand?
Old 23rd October 2005, 09:37 AM   #2
diyAudio Moderator

Use the CAM processor in the drop down menus to export an EPS file, then you can load that into any graphics software and print it out. At least, that's the way I do it on the Mac.
Old 23rd October 2005, 12:19 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

No need to export.
Choose Print, mark Black, Solid and Mirror; Scale factor = 1, page limit = 0.
Before that, on the display setting for the board (the button with 3 sqaures, blue, red, green below the "i" button), check tplace only. All other unecessary layouts associated with it will also be ruled out automatically.

By then you should only have the Ground plane/track (blue), vias and pads.

That it!
Good luck!
Old 24th October 2005, 10:40 PM   #4
cetoole is offline cetoole  United States
diyAudio Member

I would use the CAM processor to generate Gerber files, which would give you a breakdown on the individual layers, drill info, silkscreen, stop mask, and anything else you need. Sparkfun has a file that makes it really easy to get what you need, read here for more information, and then when you have the gerbers, open up the individual layer, save bitmap images at as high resolution as possible, import into something like photoshop to clean up anything if needed, and print, just making sure the size is correct.
Old 28th February 2007, 06:15 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to -_nando-_ Send a message via Skype™ to -_nando-_
I have the same question !

How do I use that cam file ?

Thanks !!
Old 2nd March 2007, 08:42 PM   #6
zlast is offline zlast  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to zlast Send a message via MSN to zlast Send a message via Yahoo to zlast
Default Eagle printing

Another way is to go to VIEW (when your in the board layout) and turn off everything BUT the top,, bottom, pads and Vias (this is assuming 2 sided board...if its single sided then just bottom, holes and vias) then you can choose print and solid, black....
Old 29th July 2007, 05:10 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Hi !

I'm here to report a VERY sucessful toner transfer method.

I can make PERFECT pcbs, without any failure, I already made some SMD boards, with common ground layout and isolation of 0.16 mils.

The trick is:

Buy this paper: EPSON code S041117

Print it selecting the max amount of toner darkness.

Clean well the board, using that metalic sponge (I don't know the name of this in english), till you get a clean and shinny board.

Get that thing that thing that womans use to make our smashed clotches (after the wash) usable (I also don't know the name of this equipment), and put it pretty hot. Carrefully transfer it !

Then, the paper will be very well attached to the board. Don't remove it yet, fill an recipient with warm-hot water with soap and put it inside, wait 30 minutes. Carrefully remove the paper, and use a teeth brush to remove it completely.

Now you can put it in the corrosive solution.

Old 29th July 2007, 05:44 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

post by -_nando

".....Get that thing that thing that womans use to make our smashed clotches (after the wash) usable (I also don't know the name of this equipment), and put it pretty hot......"

I just love the way you expressed yourself. This is the POWER of language. You can get across the message without knowing the right terms !! Great work ! I also take my hats off to you for expressing yourself boldly and not being fazed about ' making mistakes in a foreign language '.

By the way, the gadget is an 'electric iron'.

PS. Isn't there a smilie for tipping the hat ?
Old 29th July 2007, 07:01 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Thank you so much ! Hehe, pretty funny. I know "how english works", the rules and everything else. But as we use to talk with tecnical terms , there's some words of the "day by day" missing on my mind.

The way to improve it is traveling out of the country, or reading books etc.

I liked a lot your words, thanks !

<-- Beer is an universal word that make friends and peace

Hide this!Advertise here!