Need some help finding these

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks guys , I really do appreciate the help. I can measure and replace stuff as may be required , but I a little green when it comes to find good equiv. of obsolete parts. I did some research and found additional info on these numbers;
  • c2168 = Sanken 2sc2168
  • a958 = Sanken 2sa958
  • je18 = MJE18(0)
  • 2sd555 is an NEC device
  • 2sb600 is an NEC device

you can find most of the info you need by searching on NTE's website... here

use the info there only to get an idea about the spec. of the original devices. the "work-alike" devices that NTE sells are usually factory bulk buy-outs of old stock and what-not that they test for gain and voltage handeling and label them by those parameters ony! i can't say that everything they sell is bad but i had some BC108B & C work-alikes that i used in a fuzz face guitar pedal pcb and boy did they sound bad and after a small research i found out that only the gain was within range but only god knows what transistors i was using.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.