Topaz Isolation transformer question...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys,

I've just got a Topaz Isolation Transformer, model 91001-11. It's capable of handling 240V/120V input and also output.

I can successfully connect it in US with no problems at all. When I brought it back to Malaysia, which is 240V, I'm having difficulties to get it to work. The unit is originally wired for 110V operation. How should I wire the primary and secondary to get it to work in 240V?

Please help.

Many thanks!

You have four 115V windings on this transformer, two each for primary and secondary.
You must wire the 2 primary windings in series, the same for the 2 secondary windings (if You want to have 240V in as well out).
The picture below is the 230V/240V wiring scheme for a Topaz transformer.
I`m not 100% sure if the number notations for the winding end points are the same on Your transformer but I´d rather suspect so.
Hope it helps.

Attachments

• ultaisolator.jpg
    ultaisolator.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 171
BTW:
did You unscrew those aluminium "faceplates" yet (behind which are located the screw terminals for the windings)?
If I remember okay there should be an adhesive tag on the inside of one (or both?) of this plates showing a wiring scheme and notations for the screw terminals, just like something as in the picture above.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.