Torid Corp of Maryland dead?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Definately does not work (even when I spell it right!) In Firefox I get "page contains no data". In IE "The page cannot be displayed" and/o "cannot find server".

I try to get to it via google -- lots of third party references but all links are dead. For instance GlobalSpec carries catalog info on their own site but the links to Toroid's site all fail.

Run them daily.

However, I have disabled ActiveX. Are they an ActiveX site?

Wonder it my ISP has a problem with them. That used to happen all the time when I used MSN but after switching to Comcast I thought that problem disapeared.

This is turning into a more interesting, if annoying, puzzle all the time.:bawling: :smash: :scratch1: :headbash:

Sam, Sam, Sam..........

Didn't you get the email?

Toroids are OUT, and R-cores are IN.

R-cores appear to have several advantages for hi-end audio which a diy search or google can clearly explain.

I'm searching for 6.3Vct at 35 amps, so anything other than an EI laminate is probably only a dream.

Sam, Sam, Sam..........

Didn't you get the email?

Toroids are OUT, and R-cores are IN.

Nope. Didn't get it.

My interest in Toroid was that they can supply a primary and provide supplies and advice for winding the secondary. I wanted to explore adding a low voltage winding for auxilliary use in addition the the main secondary. Something like 55-12-0-12-55, exact voltages TBD.

I know about R-cores but don't see any off-the-shelf suppliers like Plitron or Avel-Lindberg. BTW, the mechanical aspects look like they would be easier than toids for wind it yourself. Not that I'm that keen on the prospect in the absence of thorogh how-to info.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.