Question about capacitor replacement - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th September 2005, 02:08 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Question about capacitor replacement

Ok , I have a bad cap in a epson video projector , it is a 150 uf 400 v
but I don't have one with that rating . I do have one that will fit size wise but has a spec of 100uf 400 v , question is could I use the lower uf one to test the unit before ordering the 150uf or would the 100 uf even pass to use on a longer term than just testing .Or what side effects of using a lower uf cap would I expect to see ? Was told that it had a puff of smoke and tripped the circuit breaker to the room so not sure if the cap is all that is bad with it so don't want to put too much in it yet.Should the cap being bad trip the breaker before even blowing the built in fuse on the unit ?

Hide this!Advertise here!