Tried some new wire

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok so I made up a few pairs of interconnects for my system today, Tried some new wire I got. Actually, a bunch of new wire.

First one, the one I am currently listening to, is made up of 24 guage silver coated stranded ofc copper covered in teflon. I originally bought this because I wanted to try some less expensive but decent teflon coated hookup wire for inside some of my projects and upgrades. I had never used 24 guage wire before and was a bit suprised by how small it was, and decided I wanted to try an interconnect made from it, see how it worked. I made one here using the normal "Kimber" braid, and soldered up with silver solder to a set of bullet plugs. The wire is very nice I must say, its a definate upgrade over the previous Belden teflon coated wire I was using. The interconnects are very nice, more resolving than any other I have ever made or owned.

The next bunch of wire I am making interconnects out of is the new 20 guage FIM UPOCC mono crystal copper wire. I bought this originally with the same idea in mind, use it for internal wiring. This I started by simply paring them together, not twisted, and then trying to use blocks of maple wood to keep them an equal distance apart. I haven't had time to listen to this extensivly, they look funny and are kinda heavy cuz of the wood, but I thought I would see how it goes. I may try going back to just a braid or twist method, especially if these end up picking up noise.

The last bit of wire I have, which I am yet to use, is a bunch of teflon coated solid core silver wire, about 28 guage, that was cryotreated. The appearance is nice, but I am yet to use it, I may let you know how that turns out, as it will be my first time using cryotreated silver wire, especially that thin.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.