Etch Resist Stripping - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th August 2005, 03:46 PM   #11
Did it Himself
diyAudio Member

I thought it was Sodium Hydroxide, just checking. Might try acetone though just to see. NaoH on it's own seems to leave a film behind.

Paint shop? The stuff I use is drain cleaner.
Old 29th August 2005, 07:29 PM   #12
mzzj is offline mzzj  Finland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by richie00boy
I . NaoH on it's own seems to leave a film behind. ... The stuff I use is drain cleaner.
Impure NaOH or something else mixed to drain cleaner?
I have used 2% NaOH and result is as clean as possible. Leave soaking for 2-15mins and rinse with hot tap water after NaOH and you should be done.

Steel wool or abrasive paper takes years to remove etch resist what we use at local univ. especially if I exposure bit longish time(paper mask for example) Maybe that resist is stronger than some others, it is also negative instead of usual? positive resist.
After drilling i use also steel wool to remove drilling burrs
Old 29th August 2005, 07:43 PM   #13
AuroraB is offline AuroraB  Norway
diyAudio Member

If it is sold as "drain cleaner", it might have some other additives...
Over here we buy it at the paint shop as "caustic soda",- also used for paint stripping and heavy duty cleaning
( and beleive i t or not: to make "lutefisk"-- dried cod soaked in lye, then rinsed for a couple of days in water.... a well known norwegian delicacy, mostly used around x-mas time.... and-- it is no joke !!!!!)
Old 29th August 2005, 08:05 PM   #14
mzzj is offline mzzj  Finland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AuroraB
If it is sold as "drain cleaner", it might have some other additives...
Over here we buy it at the paint shop as "caustic soda",- also used for paint stripping and heavy duty cleaning
( and beleive i t or not: to make "lutefisk"-- dried cod soaked in lye, then rinsed for a couple of days in water.... a well known norwegian delicacy, mostly used around x-mas time.... and-- it is no joke !!!!!)
We eat here that NaOH-cod also
but Swedish rotten herring(fermented) is absolute no-no for me

Hide this!Advertise here!