Admiral Console - Y6501 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th August 2005, 09:59 PM   #1
balance is offline balance  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default Admiral Console - Y6501

Hey Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone knows what kind of speakers are in this old beast. I found one cheap at a Value Village, but am hesitating due to the WAF (wife acceptance factor.)

This is a large, real wood, console unit with a tuner and phonograph. It's made in Canada. Has tubes galore and two 12", 6", and 4" drivers. I couldn't see the back of the drivers, but I suspect that they are alnico due to the age of this thing. the front of the drivers look perfect. As for the tubes and iron, all I know is that the unit does not work - or so I've been told. I can easily salvage those parts, but would really like to know about the drivers.

If it is worth what they are asking for it and if its a profitable purchase, the wife will understand. Right?

Any ideas?

Much appreciated.

Brian

Hide this!Advertise here!