Black = negative Cap

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello

i have 4 older caps 22000uf 80V from a sony ES power amp

but i have no idear what is + and -

Black= negative or is it the other way araund? see pic if that help

Tnx

Attachments

• picture 476.jpg
    picture 476.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 205
okay i did this test using a 9v batt instead i connected my multimeter in serie whit the batt. to measure the current

when i connect it to the cap the same this happens no matter if its + or - it draw a large amount of current the first few seconds, then drop to zero. seems normal..

i also try to measure the voltage over the cap after its been charged. its drop for 9 volt slowly. the same speed + and -

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Calebay said:
okay i did this test using a 9v batt instead i connected my multimeter in serie whit the batt. to measure the current

when i connect it to the cap the same this happens no matter if its + or - it draw a large amount of current the first few seconds, then drop to zero. seems normal..

i also try to measure the voltage over the cap after its been charged. its drop for 9 volt slowly. the same speed + and -

Yeah well I think 9V is a little too low. Try, if necessary, with your big transformer but with a series resistor. I would also vote for the black terminal being neg pole, btw. It seems pretty standard.

Jan Didden

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.