Bi amping help.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There are lots of electronic crossovers available, tube and solid state. Phil Marchand makes several, both solid state and tube; available both as kit and finished product. Everybody in the pro audio field makes crossovers..... check at your local guitar store.
Many of the consumer electronics companies have made them over the years, these sometimes turn up on ebay and audiogon.
Several people advertise kits on the web, a search under electronic + crossover and "active crossover" will speed you on your way.

Cyclotronguy

Although I've not yet tried it (due to captive passive crossovers in my B&W's :mad: ) I've heard very good things about Linkwitz-Riley 24dB/octave filters.

They're active and don't alter the phase (by a large amount) of the signal and have a steep rolloff - which to some is good although others prefer smoother rolloffs (sometimes due to taste or application).

There's a good explanation on Rod Elliots' site here;

http://sound.westhost.com/project09.htm

...he also offers a board for his version of the crossover - I've bought from Rod before and can say he's reliable and efficient.

Hope this helps ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.