Anybody know who makes...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
there are usually quite a few "retro-meters" in the business and industrial section of EBay -- not an exact match fersure --

i think that what you really want is a repro of the equipment used in "Bride of Frankenstein" -- which was also used in the Gene Wilder film "Young Frankenstein"

there is also meter scale freeware on the web --

in my youth Pioneer Standard Electronics used to have an entire group of draftsmen who would custom-scale analog meters for OEM customers (there were only nixies back then !).

jackinnj said:
there are usually quite a few "retro-meters" in the business and industrial section of EBay -- not an exact match fersure --

i think that what you really want is a repro of the equipment used in "Bride of Frankenstein" -- which was also used in the Gene Wilder film "Young Frankenstein"

there is also meter scale freeware on the web --

in my youth Pioneer Standard Electronics used to have an entire group of draftsmen who would custom-scale analog meters for OEM customers (there were only nixies back then !).

Hey, there ya go, maybe I'll just make me a nixie volt meter. :)

se

tsmith1315 said:
Looking again, that particular gauge is $46. Also available with curved glass for $49.

12v and 24V versions available, but all egauges products seem to be auto or marine related.

Pic of the same voltmeter is from their site.

Googling again for the actual manufacturer:

Classic instruments

Thanks, Tim. Yeah, I found the same thing after I got EMail from Vinnie this morning.

Alas, that meter's only available in a 12 volt version.

The meter by the way is used in Vinnie Rossi's Red Wine Audio Lotus amplifier, which is a modified T-amp.

Beautiful little amp in its own right, though I preferred the maple version I first saw on 6 Moons a while back.

se

scott wurcer said:
Looks like a retro automotive battery guage. I use an original Weston meter for my off grid solar system. Last calibrated two days after I was born, with the anti-paralax mirror I can reliably read it to 3 1/2 digits and it's right on.

Sweet!

Got solar, eh? My ultimate goal is to build an audio system that's completely off the grid using solar/wind/human power for battery recharging.

Human power would be a plus for me seeing as I've about 20 pounds I could shed and I've always liked the idea of killing two birds with one stone. :)

se

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.