Removing Plastic covers from Capacitors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes, I won!!!!! I am glad I have been of service to have pressed your button.

"a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest"

Perfecting a stereo is like perfecting the soul. It takes great desire, dedication, openness, a sense of exploration, light heartedness, and great patience.

I enjoy my infinite tweaking (stereo and especially the soul). I hope you enjoy whatever you do.

Art M said:
The electrolytic capacitor isolating sleeve has an important function for Cooling the capacitor due to improved emissivity compared to to a bare aluminum case.
Yes. Another reason for not removing the plastic. However, for this to work the plastic has to be quite thin so it doesn't add too much thermal resistivity. Just thick enough to aid IR emission, but no more.

There are many ways to damp a capacitor: .....constrained layer damping material, silk, cotton, wood, cardboard, Marigo dots, etc. Also there are WA Quantum chips......these make a serious improvement. There are no "perfectly engineered products that have no sonic signature". Everything sounds different. Every brand and type of cap has a sonic signature. The "game" is to find the best parts and use them in the best way to create a sonic masterpiece (incredible information retrieval with incredible musicality....ie..super low audible noise and distortion). Since most things that can be heard cannot be measured.....well, it makes for a grand task that is never over.

LOL, this is a humorous reply yes only you forgot a smilie!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.